Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of ranking on the illustrious first page of Google for keywords that drive customers (or clients) to your website. While many companies find SEO to be a profitable (or even essential) customer acquisition channel for their business, many others have had it bear no fruit. One reason for this is that very often SEO campaigns are aimed at the wrong audience.
Generally speaking, national SEO focuses on brands and products, while local SEO focuses on location and services. Knowing which type of campaign will yield the best outcomes for your business comes down to understanding search engine algorithms and consumer intent and then developing the right strategy. Service businesses that operate in specific markets will see the best results from a local SEO strategy.
National SEO campaigns are ideal for…
The Key to National SEO Campaigns
Search engines like Google want to provide users with the best possible results so whenever someone submits a query, Google’s algorithm determines the searcher’s intent and identifies their location. The key difference is whether the user is searching for general information or something nearby. Google provides results based on the user’s location if their query suggests that’s what they are looking for (for example “air conditioner repair near me”). If the query is more general, Google will also give results from national sources.
Factoring consumer intent and location-based queries into your SEO strategy will make a significant difference in the success of your campaign. When your business undertakes a national SEO campaign, there is much more competition for high placement in search engine results pages. Since both local and national companies will appear on results pages, you’ll need a strategy for standing out among both of these types of competitors.
National SEO campaigns take time and resources, but with the right partner, your business can benefit from gains in search rankings, site traffic, and customer acquisition.
National SEO for Brands and e-Commerce Companies
Techwood’s team of search marketing experts understand both the technical and strategic sides of national SEO campaigns and use their expertise to provide clients with honest, meaningful, and measurable results.
Our national SEO campaigns focus on the factors that have a proven impact on search rankings and consumer engagement for companies with national reach and e-commerce sites. These include:
– Identifying keywords that align your brand with consumer search queries
– Analyzing competitors who are also operating on a national level
– Ensuring your website content has enough depth and relevance to your target audience
– Assessing technical areas of your website to ensure it is efficiently crawled by search engines
– Optimizing the vital backend aspects of your website that demonstrate relevance to search engines (meta descriptions, page titles, header tags, alt tags)
– Evaluating user experience, navigation design, and page speed
– Engaging trustworthy third-party websites for content placement and link-earning
– Cultivating social proof and trust signals through content distribution to social media profiles
Our national SEO campaigns maximize the opportunity for your business to be found and selected by potential customers who are already on the buyer’s journey. To find out more about national SEO campaigns, contact Techwood Consulting today.